Date:      Wed, 11 Dec 2002 20:17:40 +0000
From:      Tony Finch <dot@dotat.at>
To:        Ian Dowse <iedowse@maths.tcd.ie>, Mark Murray <mark@grondar.za>, hackers@FreeBSD.org
Cc:        dot@dotat.at
Subject:   New version of unifdef(1)

Following a bug spotted by Ian Dowse, I have hacked a bit more on unifdef().
This version has a much more ANSI-like lexical parser which should fix the
zero byte in input problem as well as the handling of files that don't end
with a newline. The bogus string parsing has been killed.

The other main change is that the broken hand-coded #if processing state
machine has been replaced with a table-driven one. I think I have all the
state transitions right, but if people could bang on it a bit that would
be good.

The new code can be obtained from http://dotat.at/prog/misc/unifdef.c

Tony.
--
f.a.n.finch  <dot@dotat.at>  http://dotat.at/
MULL OF KINTYRE TO ARDNAMURCHAN POINT: EAST TO SOUTHEAST 5 LOCALLY 6. FAIR.