Date:      Wed, 17 Mar 1999 16:32:48 -0700
From:      Brett Glass <brett@lariat.org>
To:        "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@zippy.cdrom.com>, Garance A Drosihn <drosih@rpi.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-advocacy@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Apple's open source...

At 02:54 PM 3/17/99 -0800, Jordan K. Hubbard wrote:

>If Apple actually contributes code back, I won't actually care so
>much what their PR dept. does or does not acknowledge.  It would be
>*very nice* to get public acknowledgement, don't get me wrong, but
>there are all kinds of "technology partners" out there and the ones
>who contribute technical assistance (bug fixes, reports, etc) are
>just as valuable in their own way.

Does the Apple license allow the FreeBSD Project to use what's
contributed by third parties? As I read it, only the authors
and Apple can use the changes, and Apple can't contribute
other people's changes to the BSDs -- only its own. In
short, the contributors to Apple's code have to be asked if
they will ALSO contribute to the BSDs. (I don't see why they
wouldn't, though.)

--Brett