Date:      Wed, 9 Dec 1998 14:49:08 +1000 (EST)
From:      Q <q@fan.net.au>
To:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Documentation on writing Loadable modules for 3.0 anyone?

Howdy all,

I am hoping some kind sole out there has some preliminary doco on writing
lkm's for FreeBSD 3.0. A little while ago I wrote a FreeBSD 2.2 device
driver for my packard bell infra-red receiver. It workes great, but I have
now migrated to 3.0 and need to port the lkm to the new interface.

Specifically I need to know how to use the ttpoll stuff now that
d_select_t isn't used anymore.  I haven't spent much time on it yet, but I
think it's going to end up taking a while if I have to keep greping
through kernel source and other device drivers :)

Anyone got an update for the LKM faq?  please... :)

Seeya...Q

                          _____  /      Quinton Dolan - q@fan.net.au
  __  __/  /   /   __/   /      /          Systems Administrator
     /    __  /   _/    /      /            Fast Access Network
  __/  __/ __/ ____/   /   -  /          Gold Coast, QLD, Australia
                    _______  /              Ph: +61 7 5574 1050
                           \_\                 SAGE-AU Member