Date:      Tue, 25 Jun 2002 17:52:13 -0400
From:      "Miroslav Pendev" <shadow@CPE0004761ac738-CM00109515bc65.cpe.net.cable.rogers.com>
To:        "ro0t" <root@unixhideout.com>
Cc:        "freebsd-questions" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Should I expect this?

> > Hello, list:
> >
> > Are these viruses just something I should expect from time to time?  Of
> > course, here at work, we have WinProxy, which, incidentally does a
> > great job of detected and eliminating viruses before they get in, so it
> > doen't really matter to me, but isn't there something that can be done
> > before these posts make it out?
> >

> > Best Regards,
> >
> > Joshua Lokken
> > OMIC Portland Branch

> > I have contacted him about it. I am waiting for a reply. As far as
> stopping
> > spam and viruses this isnt my list. Youll have to ask whoever runs this
> list
> > to do a better job of doing that. *cough
> >

> How about some mail rules into your favorite e-mail client
> (Microsoft Outlook IMO, Build 9.0.2416 (9.0.2910.0))
> for 'moving' these into the right direction (folder)?
>
> Or how about some mail filtering or virus checking on your mail server?
> I just did it and it works perfect! No viruses... just your questions... ;->
>
> If you are good enough to use FreeBSD, I think, you must know at lest
> 3 more ways to stop these for yourself.
>
> ""About 'this isnt my list': Welcome to the real world!""
>
>  ^ whats that supposed to mean?

That is the way the things are. In the big mailists there is
allways spam and viruses. Not because of you, not because the
mai admin is not doing better job... just because this is the
best way to send a message to a lot of people without the need to
make your own mail server!

> And you can look into headers and paste my version of outlook? Are you
> trying to state a point in this email?

Nope! Righ now I am using Microsoft Outlook Express, too.
Just put some mail rules 'bout these emails and that's all...
it is not a big deal.

--Miro