Date:      Sun, 3 Apr 2005 18:25:46 +0200
From:      Harald Schmalzbauer <harry@schmalzbauer.de>
To:        Rob <spamrefuse@yahoo.com>
Cc:        FreeBSD questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD server behind router-NAT; how to configure sendmail?

--nextPart37110823.t2BR0Y0EIJ

Am Sonntag, 3. April 2005 17:36 schrieb Rob:
> Emanuel Strobl wrote:\>
>
> > If you don't have /etc/mail/yourhostname.domain.mc
> > then you should cd to /etc/mail and type "make",
> > after you edited the file "make all install restart"
>
> Thanks for your help. I generated the files with this
> make command, and all just worked out of the box.
> I can send email, without needing to tell sendmail
> about my hostname. So far so good.
>
> However, next what I need, is using another port for
> sending emails out. I have googled and read the
> sendmail FAQs, but I am completely at a loss here.
>
> There is a FAQ, that explains:
>
>   If you want all outgoing SMTP connections to use
>   port 2525, you can use this in your .mc file:
>
>   define(`RELAY_MAILER_ARGS', `TCP $h 2525')
>   define(`ESMTP_MAILER_ARGS', `TCP $h 2525')
>
> I have put this in my hostname.mc file, but to no
> avail. I'm probably not familiar enough with sendmail
> way of doing things. But then this is such a simple
> thing, that it should be easy.
>
> I suppose that with "netstat -a", there should be
> a line with port 2525, if above works. But that is
> not there.

I'm not sure if I understand your problem correctly, but what you did with=
=20
these defines is that sendmail contacts every other system at port 2525=20
insetad of 25, it's not listening on 2525, hence you can't see a tcp/2525=20
with netstat -a.

But I think it should do what you want, if I understand your description=20
right. If you want sendmail to listen at a custom port these defines are=20
wrong. I don't have them in my mind right now, I'm sure you'll find the M4=
=20
defines at the sendmail FAQ, tell me if I can help.

=2DHarry