Date:      Fri, 21 Jul 2000 11:35:38 -0500
From:      nathan <beemern@telecom.ksu.edu>
To:        "freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   perl/ODBC on fbsd

For reasons beyond my control, i need to get data from a freebsd system
into a m$ sql7 database.

unfortunately, db support for perl on fbsd is slim,  ESPECIALLY for m$
products (imagine that) heh

i tried dl'ing and using the ODBC driver for the DBI interface to perl.
it compiles, but core dumps when tryin to access the driver.
unfortunately, it uses a generic db driver (iodbc) which the readme
claims is still in alpha stages.

anyone out there had any luck talking to m$ sql7 with perl??

the only other option i have, would be to setup a temporary mysql db,
and, then write my perl to populate THAT table with my data, and then
use sql7's db import features to try and get the data that way.  which i
can't be sure will work either.

thanks!
nathan