Date:      Tue, 24 Apr 2001 16:44:45 +1000
From:      Gregory Bond <gnb@itga.com.au>
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Install kernel gets divide overflow

[please CC replies; I'm not on the -current list]

I'm trying to boot a -CURRENT kernel to confirm it really does fix a problem
with my hardware (see kern/26046).

I've tried a couple of snapshots from current.freeebsd.org between 1st the 15th
April.  None has booted.  Each dies with an integer divide trap after (during?)
PnP processing. (This is booting the install floppies, not after an install).

Is this
 a) a known problem that will be fixed sometime soon, so just keep trying
    occasionally
 b) a big surprise to all concerned and deserving of further investigation,
    starting with the output from "boot -v"
?

Greg,
-Stable user.