Date:      Mon, 17 Jan 2000 06:46:03 +0100 (CET)
From:      Oliver Fromme <olli@dorifer.heim3.tu-clausthal.de>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: elf problem installin jserv on FreeBSD 2.2.6

Unix Guru <unixguru68@hotmail.com> wrote in list.freebsd-questions:
 > I'm trying to install JServ for Apache 1.3.9 on a box running
 > FreeBSD 2.2.6. I upgraded to jdk 1.1.8 and jskd 2.0 but
 > [...]
 > ELF interpreter /usr/libexec/ld-elf.so.1 not found

I can't comment on that particular problem (I'm not using
jserv), but here's some general advice.

The ports collection "officially" supports only the latest
-stable and -current branch.  FreeBSD 2.2.6 is very old, and
there is a growing number of ports which does not work
correctly on it anymore.

You're using the latest versions of Apache and the JDK, but
a very old version of the FreeBSD (not even the latest along
the retired 2.x branch) -- this is a sub-optimal configuration.

Regards
   Oliver

--
Oliver Fromme, Leibnizstr. 18/61, 38678 Clausthal, Germany

"In jedem Stück Kohle wartet ein Diamant auf seine Geburt"
                                         (Terry Pratchett)