Date:      Mon, 17 Jul 2000 07:09:51 +0530
From:      Rahul Siddharthan <rsidd@physics.iisc.ernet.in>
To:        Danny Ho <dho@cit.nepean.uws.edu.au>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Applying filters with pine

Danny Ho said on Jul 17, 2000 at 11:32:42:
> -Hello
>
> -I am using pine as my email client.
> - Sadly, every time I launch pine I get 600 emails in my inbox because I
> am not applying the email filters correctly
>
> - Question
>
> - How exactly do I apply my email filter to sort out between FreeBSD and
> non FreeBSD related emails?

Use procmail to deliver your mailing-list mail (and other recognisable
mail, if you want) to different mailboxes.
You can find links on how to do this at
   http://www.ling.helsinki.fi/users/reriksso/procmail/links.html

Then set up pine to recognise more than one inbox.  However, mutt
does a much better job of this (at the expense of requiring more
initial configuration tweaking).

Rahul.