Date:      Thu, 19 Feb 2004 14:02:32 -0800 (PST)
From:      "Matthew, Kristina and Ethan" <mcgrawfam@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG

hi,
i'm a FreeBSD/*nix newbie, all self taught.  I am
trying to figure out if a certain scenario is
possible.

i have a mac osx machine and a freebsd 4.4 machine
connected via a crossover cable for a small network.
i have been able to figure out NFS, Apache, FTP etc.
and so far it's really fun.  what i'd like to be able
to do is as follows:

i have a modem on my bsd box and it connects via ppp
to a dial-up isp.  i would like to configure such that
when i request an internet site from my mac, the bsd
box dials up the isp and acts as a gateway until i'm
done online, then disconnects...

is this possible, is it really complicated?

i know a windoze app. called WinProxy used to be
available to do this.

thanks
--MM

=====