Date:      Sat, 24 Jul 2004 11:39:46 -0700
From:      "Darren Pilgrim" <dmp@bitfreak.org>
To:        "'Chris'" <chris@tellme3times.com>, <freebsd-current@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RE: USB Epson Stylus CX-5400

> From: Chris
>=20
> I just received an Epson Stylus CX-5400. I got CUPS running without =
any=20
> issues but unfortunately I cannot get the scanner to work. I only =
found=20
> one other ref to this scanner/printer on the mailing lists any help=20
> would be appreciated.
>=20
> I only see one device attached to the usb which is the printer.

You do have the uscanner device loaded or compiled in, right?

uscanner.c[1] appears to use a list of device IDs to tell it which =
devices
it should attach.  There appears to be a line for the Epson 1260, which =
has
been said to work, but I don't see a line that appears to be for the
CX-5400.  Given that device ID lists have a bad habit of not keeping up =
with
new models, you might want to try adding the appropriate lines to =
uscanner.c
and usbdevs[2].

1: =
http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/cvsweb.cgi/src/sys/dev/usb/uscanner.c?rev=3D1.=
56
2: =
http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/cvsweb.cgi/src/sys/dev/usb/usbdevs?rev=3D1.190=

The usual warnings about panics, etc. apply.