Date:      Fri, 17 Nov 2000 11:34:49 -0500
From:      "Ken Menzel" <kenm@icarz.com>
To:        <cjclark@alum.mit.edu>
Cc:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: ipfw divert  few to many

Thanks Crist,
  I did RTFM before posting but it was not clear. More specifically
freebsd2# natd -redirect_address 10.0.0.10 207.99.22.38
natd: aliasing address not given
freebsd2# natd -redirect_address 10.0.0.10 207.99.22.38 -a
207.99.22.11
natd: Unable to bind divert socket.: Address already in use

Is this because it's already running?  I must restart to change these
settings?
 I have since created a /etc/natd.conf and gotten it to work.  I guess
you MUST supply all the arguments in one shot to natd.  I was trying
to add a host after booting, its seems it can't be done.  So adding
any new "redirect" hosts to the internal network will require a
shutdown and restart of NAT and any ipfw rules?  Is there now way to
use ipfw to do the redirect?

I would like to type up these answers and add them to the man  page or
the tutorial.  Basic NAT was very easy to start, adding one host took
7 hours of mostly reading and alot of guesses.

Ken
Ken Menzel  ICQ# 9325188
www.icarz.com  kenm@icarz.com