Date:      Fri, 8 Dec 2000 11:00:41 -0600
From:      Christopher Farley <chris@northernbrewer.com>
To:        Corey Brune <brune@sdf.lonestar.org>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Weird /tmp issues

Corey Brune (brune@sdf.lonestar.org) wrote:

> /tmp should be chmod'ed with 1777 for the sticky bit turned on. I am *think*
> the perms affect X. Try it out and see if this corrects the problem.

Strange, but it doesn't!  The only thing that restores X11 functionality
is copying the old tmp directory back.

This doesn't make any sense to me -- if /tmp were swap, wouldn't it get
cleared at each reboot? Isn't that a common configuration?

--
Christopher Farley
Northern Brewer / 1150 Grand Avenue / St. Paul, MN 55105