Date:      Thu, 26 Oct 2000 19:33:02 -0500
From:      "G. Adam Stanislav" <adam@whizkidtech.net>
To:        erich alfred heine <eheine@students.uiuc.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-newbies@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Installing to secondary hdd

On Thu, Oct 26, 2000 at 04:00:26PM -0500, erich alfred heine wrote:
>Also, when it comes time to get rid of linux on my primary disk and make
>it into free space, can I just switch the secondary disk to the primary
>disk, and vice versa, since the secondary disk's MBR has the freebsd
>loader on it? or would I need to change anything (besides the jumpers on
>the hard drives and the cables).

While I don't know anything about lilo, I can answer this second question
of yours: You do not have to change anything in your hardware setup.

I use the FreeBSD loader. I have FreeBSD on the secondary disk, Windows
on the primary disk. I have the FreeBSD loader on both disks. When I need
Windows, I press F1 and it loads Windows from the primary disk. When I
need FreeBSD, I press F5 (go to the secondary disk). At the prompt
from the loader on the secondary disk, I then press F2 to boot FreeBSD.

Works like charm!

Cheers,
Adam

--