Date:      Fri, 8 Aug 2003 17:09:51 -0400
From:      Warner Joseph <Joseph.Warner@siemens.com>
To:        =?iso-8859-1?Q?=27Rapha=EBl_Marmier=27?= <raphael@computer-rental.ch>
Cc:        "'freebsd-questions@freebsd.org'" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RE: 5.1 & Compaq Smart Array

I think it's already disabled or won't work at all on this server.
=20
I can't remember if I said this before but when I boot the mini-install
CD on the server option #2 says "Boot with ACPI enabled" and when
I boot on a regular PC that already has 5.1 installed it says "Boot with
ACPI disabled" so I don't think 5.1 is going to work on a Compaq=20
Proliant 2500. =20
=20
I looked over here:
=20
http://prioris.mini.pw.edu.pl/~gregory/FreeBSD/hpi386.html
<http://prioris.mini.pw.edu.pl/~gregory/FreeBSD/hpi386.html>=20
=20
..and noticed there is only one config listed for someone running FreeBSD
on a 2500 and they're running 4.7 -STABLE, not 5.1
=20
I need to run this in a production environment so 5.1 may not be a good
choice.  It's too bad because I'd like more time to tinker with this to see
if I could get 5.1 loaded and running but I'm running out of time.
=20
Thanks
=20
Joe