Date:      Fri, 22 Sep 2000 02:31:49 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Mike Meyer <mwm@mired.org>
To:        "Erin" <Kahn@deadbbs.com>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: perl/cgi Authorintg tools

Erin writes:
> I am getting tired of using notepad and vi to do
> my authoring and editing of all my perl and .cgi
> scripts.
>
> I have a 1500+ line perl script that has minor
> problems originating between the keyboard and
> the chair. It geting to be hard to track down
> these minor errors with notepad and/or vi.
>
> What else is there?

IDLE (/usr/ports/devel/idle) is nice, but you have to give up Perl for
Python. On the other hand, there are lots of good reasons for doing
that *other* than idle; 1500 line perl scripts being one of them :-).

More seriously, you should ask this question on a perl list. Look
around www.perl.org for help. You might also try doing "man perldebug"
if you're not familiar with the perl debugger.

	<mike