Date:      Sun, 26 Nov 2006 14:43:59 -0500
From:      Kris Kennaway <kris@obsecurity.org>
To:        RW <fbsd06@mlists.homeunix.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD 6.2: ULE vs 4BSD

--WhfpMioaduB5tiZL

On Sun, Nov 26, 2006 at 05:06:57PM +0000, RW wrote:
> On Sunday 26 November 2006 12:18, Andrew Pantyukhin wrote:
> > On 11/26/06, John Smith <almarrie@gmail.com> wrote:
> > > Hello,
> > >
> > > What shall I use as a scheduler on it? 4BSD or ULE?
> >
> > The general consensus is you should not touch ULE unless
> > you're a developer willing to fix some outstanding issues and
> > maybe take active maintainership of it.
>=20
> I think that's a bit strong. I've used both, off and on, on my Desktop ma=
chine=20
> and not seen any real difference.

Guess you're one of the lucky ones then.  I hope you can understand
why in general users should not use a kernel feature with known
problems, and they should at the very least turn it off and reconfirm
their problems before reporting them, to avoid wasting developer time.

Kris

--WhfpMioaduB5tiZL

--WhfpMioaduB5tiZL--