Date:      Thu, 8 Feb 2001 13:57:50 -0600 (CST)
From:      Mike Meyer <mwm@mired.org>
To:        Tim McMillen <timcm@umich.edu>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Command prompt browser

Tim McMillen <timcm@umich.edu> types:
> On Wednesday February 07, 2001 06:41, Edwin Groothuis wrote:
> > On Wed, Feb 07, 2001 at 03:26:58AM -0800, dsf sdf wrote:
> > > Dear All,
> > > I have two question , which are as under
> > > 1-Do you know about freebsd  command prompt browser
> > > like lynx on redhat.
> >
> > sure, lynx :-)
> > /usr/ports/www/lynx
>
> lynx is the usual and it's been around a while, but I think links is
> much better.  It's text the same way as lynx but it renders tables,
> much better.  The FreeBSD website looks much better for example, in
> links than lynx.  Also if you're running X (maybe the console moused
> does this I don't know), clicking on a text link in links actually
> works.  It's at  /usr/ports/www/links

There's also w3m. It renders tables & frames better than lynx, and
unlike links there is a port with ssl. It also has the notion of
"other" browsers, so it's easy to configure to launch your favorite
GUI browser on a page if you need it.

Finally, linemode - the CERN command line browser - is also in the
ports.

	<mike