Date:      Fri, 18 Jun 1999 20:17:04 -0400 (EDT)
From:      matt <matt@AIC-GW.MLINK.NET>
To:        Doug White <dwhite@resnet.uoregon.edu>
Cc:        FreeBSD-QUESTIONS <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: crypts..

On Fri, 18 Jun 1999, Doug White wrote:

: On Tue, 15 Jun 1999, matt wrote:

[...]

: If you install the DES libraries, they will start spitting out DES keys.
: To switch them back you have to take the DES libs back off, and that can
: get delicate.

Actually, what it does is symlink libcrypt.so and the related libs to
libdescrypt.so [etc]. I just changed the symlinks for libcrypt back to
the MD5 libscrypt.so [etc]. It workd like a charm =)

: (I think passwd on -CURRENT actually preserves the crypt type.)

passwd on 3.2-STABLE was using the libscrypt so it was working fine
it was just the perl script that was screwing things =)

: Doug White
: Internet:  dwhite@resnet.uoregon.edu    | FreeBSD: The Power to Serve
: http://gladstone.uoregon.edu/~dwhite    | www.freebsd.org

Matt