Date:      Fri, 2 Jul 1999 21:43:17 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Oliver Banta <obanta@cse.unl.edu>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Sound problem in 3.2-STABLE

Hello,

   I'm running into a little snag getting sound working correctly.  The card
in question is a SB16 Compatible which I believe is being detected correctly.

pcm1 (SB16pnp <Avance Logic ALS120> sn 0xffffffff) at 0x220-0x22f irq 10 drq 0 flags 0x11 on isa

   It works great when I play a CD (xcdplayer for instance).  But when I try
to use mpg123 or fxtv (the tv works fine, just no sound) it doesn't work.
However, mpg123 does make some scratch noise whenever I start playing an MP3.
I read the pcm manpage and followed the instructions on making the correct
devices (I didn't have to symlink them, it did it automatically when I
ran ./MAKEDEV snd1).

   Any insight would be greatly appreciated,

-- Oliver