Date:      Sun, 16 Feb 1997 14:13:42 -0800
From:      George Hegyes <ceo@internetuniverse.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   mounting msdos drive located on another controller

I have loaded freeBSD on its own harddrive located on the master
position of the primary IDE controller, I have a CDROM set up as the
slave on the primary and a MSDOS drive on the master position of the
secondary IDE controller.
The system let me modify the fstab to mount the floppy drive using
mount_msdos & mount the CDROM as well.
But I am unable to access the second harddrive which accroding to the
boot should be wd2.
The point of this setup is to be able to boot a msdos or freeBSD system
by adjusting the SYSTEM SETUP.
What I really need to do is be able to transfer files back & forth from
the msdos system running windows 95 and the freeBSD system. I prefer to
work on the local system as opposed to working on my remote WEB server
over the internet which at times can be slow. I will then package the
modification and send the changes to the sites instead of working on the
sites directly.