Date:      Tue, 1 Mar 2011 11:03:07 +0200
From:      Nikolay Denev <ndenev@gmail.com>
To:        Robert Watson <rwatson@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        stable@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: FYI: Userspace DTrace MFC to stable/8

On 1 Mar, 2011, at 01:33 , Robert Watson wrote:

> Dear all:
>=20
> Just an FYI that I've gone ahead and merged userspace DTrace support =
to FreeBSD 8.x from 9.x.  While it appeared to pass build tests locally, =
boot and run, etc, this is a non-trivial merge, and it's possible I've =
messed up.  If so, apologies in advance, and I'll try to resolve any =
problems as quickly as I can!
>=20
> And of course, many thanks go to Rui Paulo, who did the port of =
userspace DTrace to FreeBSD 9.x with support from the FreeBSD =
Foundation!
>=20
> Thanks,
>=20
> Robert N M Watson
> Computer Laboratory
> University of Cambridge
>=20

That's great news! Many thanks to all that made this possible!

I have a quick question though, now do I have to rebuild my world with =
"WITH_CTF" ?
I'm asking because I did that by mistake some months ago on a RELENG_8 =
machine, and
the world that was built had some problems, like gcc giving segfault 11 =
while compiling world or some ports.

Regards,
Nikolay