Date:      Thu, 8 Feb 2001 13:56:00 -0600
From:      Lucas Bergman <lucas@slb.to>
To:        Nigel Soon <nigels@advanis.ca>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: boot easy not working

> I have just installed 4.2 Release on my HD that also has a windows
> partition on it.
>
> The windows slice was created first then freebsd. I installed the
> freebsd boot easy manager during the install process and everything
> ran smoothly.  When I rebooted though where it would usually get to
> Boot0 ie the menu selection for dos or freebsd it just gives me a
> blank screen with the cursor in the top left hand corner. It does
> not accept any keyboard input and I end up just having to reset the
> machine.

Don't sweat it; I've had stuff like this happen before, and
reinstalling booteasy has always fixed it.  To reinstall it, you can
use a tutorial I wrote some time ago; it's still in the -questions
archive:

  http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/getmsg.cgi?fetch=1185480+0+/usr/local/www/db/text/2000/freebsd-questions/20001008.freebsd-questions

Lucas