Date:      Mon, 28 Apr 1997 20:47:40 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      Rob Simons <rob@xs1.simplex.nl>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   swap error

Hi,

I'm suffering from an irritating problem.  My FreeBSD 2.2.1 system
crashes too often  :-(
Sometimes it announces that it's out of swap space (which by the way
is ridiculous) and sometimes it just sits there doing nothing at all,
and being non-responsive.  (will however respond to ping sometimes)

Today I found it writing messages to the console at a 3 seconds
interval.  It claimed:
swap_pager: indefinite wait for buffer: device: 132097, blkno: 23856, size: 4096
swap_pager: indefinite wait for buffer: device: 132097, blkno: 23856, size: 4096

Any idea what's causing the above mentoined problems, and if they're
all caused by something similar ?  (bad sector perhaps ?)

Regards,

- Rob.

/*   Rob Simons                      |  rob@simplex.nl          *\
/*   Novell Netware System Operator  |  UNIX system operator    *\