Date:      Wed, 23 Feb 2005 23:49:24 -0800
From:      "Ted Mittelstaedt" <tedm@toybox.placo.com>
To:        "Gerard Meijer" <gmeijer@palmweb.nl>, "Greg Barniskis" <nalists@scls.lib.wi.us>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   RE: get local sendmail to use MX records

Did you look in your mailertable file?

You have domain.com listed in one of your sendmail config files, that is
the only explanation.  Or you have it in /etc/hosts.  or in /etc/rc.conf.
it's somewhere.

It is problems like this is why when your running commercial servers
that you create build sheets for each server.  That is, you record on
a separate document EVERY configuration step of any significance that
you or anyone else does.  Sorry you had to find this out the hard way.
You probably have domain.com secreted in some hack you forgot that you
did.  Maybe one of these days when you do a nuke and repave you will
remember to start a build sheet.

Ted