Date:      Tue, 24 Apr 2007 09:32:06 +0200
From:      Harald Schmalzbauer <harry@schmalzbauer.de>
To:        stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   question: +swap_pager_getswapspace(16): failed

Hello,

I have a little understanding problem:
My box has 128MB memory, far enough for the task.
After a few days I always see some processes dying because:

+swap_pager_getswapspace(2): failed
+pid 48211 (perl5.8.8), uid 58, was killed: out of swap space

Why won't for example the 21MB Buf get freed before more swap space gets
requested than available (swap is very low, it's FlashDisk!)?
Is there a way to find out what process is swapped?

Thanks for any hints. My only way to circumvent this problem is to reboot the
machine daily.

-Harry