Date:      Thu, 31 May 2001 13:16:28 -0700 (PDT)
From:      "f.johan.beisser" <jan@caustic.org>
To:        =?iso-8859-1?q?Adam=20Nealis?= <adamnealis@yahoo.co.uk>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Is it safe to use fdisk to do this...?

On Thu, 31 May 2001, [iso-8859-1] Adam Nealis wrote:

> The line I've marked * has a copy of Linux installed on it.
> Is it safe to use T and set the type to 131 (Linux ext2fs),
> so it looks like this
>
>   18555075    8401995   26957069    da0s4      1     ext2fs      131
>
> then write the changes and on the next screen install the FreeBSD Boot
> Manager? I want to mount it, you see.

	technically, you should be able to mount it anyway.

	once booted in to freebsd,

		mount_ext2fs /dev/da0s4 /mnt

	that should do the trick.

	if you install the multibooter, it should detect the ext2
	file system, and allow you to boot in to linux.

  http://caustic.org/~jan                      jan@caustic.org
 "which then led me to realize leading my life by the motto 'i'm not
      as bad as jan' would still let me get away with A LOT"
	--- j. leah williams, University of Chicago, 19 Jan, 2001