Date:      Mon, 27 Jan 2003 13:44:20 +0100
From:      Bjarne Wichmann Petersen <freebsd.nospam@mekanix.dk>
To:        Andy Sparrow <spadger@best.com>
Cc:        freebsd-multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ATI Rage Mobility and XVideo

On Sunday 26 January 2003 21:56, you wrote:
> > Hi!
> >
> > I've got a ATI 3D Rage Mobility (Mach64), which I'd like to enable XVideo
> > support. How do I do that?
>
> Use the enhanced ATI drivers from gatos.sourceforge.net. Thanks to the
> XFree platform-independant loader mechanism (for like CPU platforms
> only), you can simply install the Linux binary drivers directly without
> even needing Linux emulation.

Thx... works... sort of... does XVideo need extra RAM? I'm usually running my
laptop in 1024x768-24, but XVideo chokes on that. But if I run in 16-bit
depth it's ok (but doesn't look so nice).

And what do you do to enable DGA? My setup barks even if I run as root.

Bjarne
--
Homepage: http://www.mekanix.dk