Date:      Wed, 24 Jan 2001 16:55:38 -0800
From:      "Scott Raymond" <scott@link-net.com>
To:        <freebsd-security@freebsd.org>
Subject:   OpenSSH b0rked (was RE: Problems with IPFW patch)

Yeah, now if I could just figure out what was wrong with the openssh
implementation in the core system.  Openssh (ports tree version) has an
annoying install sequence - you can't define where it gets installed, so
the files get installed to the hard-coded directory tree /usr/local.
The non-working core system one normally installs sshd to /usr/sbin and
the config files to /etc/ssh.

What bugs me is that when this gets fixed it's going to take another 4
hours of compiling and installing.

Bah.

--
Scott