Date:      Sun, 15 Jul 2007 17:25:46 -0400
From:      "Michael B Allen" <ioplex@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   amd

Hello,

I'm a C developer. I normally use Linux but I'm trying FreeBSD with
limited success.

First thing I need to do mount an NFS volume. I was able to mount it
manually. Fine. Then I added an entry to amd.map, did 'amd /mnt
/etc/amd.map' and tried to access the directory in /mnt and it worked.
Fine. Then I killed amd, tried and failed to figure out how to get amd
to start automatically on boot. Then I tried to start amd again as
before and now it doesn't work:

Jul 15 17:15:43 bsd1 kernel: nfs server pid741@bsd1:/mnt: not responding
Jul 15 17:16:13 bsd1 kernel: nfs server pid741@bsd1:/mnt: not responding
Jul 15 17:18:17 bsd1 last message repeated 4 times

What am I doing wrong?

Mike