Date:      Mon, 28 Dec 1998 13:19:04 +0800
From:      Peihan Wang <peihanw@mx.cei.gov.cn>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   How to feed INN manually

Be tolerated with my English, please.

I am using CTMed 2.2.8-stable.

I was using the off-line mode of Netscape Communicator 4.05
to download and read news under Win95(just for better Chinese
char support). Because I saved too many messages(over 10,000),
Netscape crashes occasionally while reading. So I decided to
run a news server locally under FreeBSD.

I downloaded source code of INN-2.1 and installed it. Since
I have only dial-up connection and it is a bit complicated
for me to config 'newsfeeds' file, INN was configed only
provide newsgroup service locally. Three groups, control,
junk and chinese.comp.linux was added.

I use 'suck 3.9.1'(provieded in ports/news) to download
every article from news.freesoft.cei.gov.cn/chinese.comp.linux
to a tmp dir(It took me 2 hours in a 33.6 connection).

Now the question comes. How to feed these articles to
/usr/local/news/spool/articles/chinese/comp/linux and
let INN know. So I can read articles locally as a lurker.

I remind that someone had mentioned that he/her had done
it using a script by him/herself. Where are you ?!