Date:      Thu, 6 Jun 2002 23:43:12 +0300
From:      Giorgos Keramidas <keramida@ceid.upatras.gr>
To:        Peter Leftwich <Hostmaster@Video2Video.Com>
Cc:        Chip Norkus <wd@arpa.com>, FreeBSD LIST <FreeBSD-Questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Fwd: IRC vs identd vs inetd.conf vs me! [255...?]

[ Attributions fixed. Please keep them instead of deleting them. ]

On 2002-06-05 23:30 -0400, Peter Leftwich wrote:
> On Mon, 3 Jun 2002, Chip Norkus wrote:
> > Giorgos Keramidas wrote:
> > >
> > > The IP is probably coming out as 255.255.255.255 because the IRC
> > > server software, either:
>
> I need clarification here... when you say "IRC server software," do
> you mean the program running at the destination or on my PC?

Yes, that's what I meant.  The "IRC server software" is the program
that runs on the remote machine, on the "IRC server".  When you fire
up your favorite "IRC client", you are are using your client program
to connect to the "IRC server", and issue commands or send text to
other users connected to the same "IRC server".

Why are you so confused about it? ;-)

- Giorgos