Date:      Thu, 19 Jul 2001 07:37:00 GMT
From:      Neil Darlow <neil@darlow.co.uk>
To:        User & Ian Patrick Thomas <ipthomas_77@yahoo.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Source Update is incomplete?

Hi Ian and others,

Thank you for your suggestions.

Re. the compat libs, there are COMPAT(1X|20|21|22|3X|4X) definitions
in /etc/defaults/make.conf.

I haven't come across any good documentation on these so which do I
need to enable. I'm guessing that these are for compatibility with
older versions of FreeBSD and if I'm not running anything from 3.x,
and earlier, should I just enable COMPAT4X?

I understand the primary purpose of the FreeBSD source tree is to create=

releases but it would be nice to have documentation on the files that
are obsoleted by this version (so that they may be more easily deleted).=

Regards,
Neil Darlow.

--
1024D/531F9048 1999-09-11 Neil Darlow <neil@darlow.co.uk>
GPG fingerprint =3D 359D B8FF 6273 6C32 BEAA  43F9 E579 E24A 531F 9048