Date:      Thu, 29 Mar 2001 23:15:43 -0500
From:      "Marius Kirschner" <marius@agoron.com>
To:        "FreeBSD" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   popper

I'm a little stumped here...it's a new 4.2 installation.  Basically I'm able
to send mail on my 4.2 box but not download (read) mail using my Windows
system.  I get the following Outlook error message:

Unable to connect to server. [blabla] POP3 server: [server name], Error
Number: 0x800ccc0e

Naturally, locally I can read just fine.  Popper doesn't have an "access"
file list like sendmail, or does it?  And, yes, the server resolves (able to
telnet, ftp, send mail from the Windows box) and everything else seems to be
working (by what I can tell after 2 hours playing around with it).  Any
clues?  Thanks,

---Marius