Date:      Thu, 10 Oct 2002 15:33:52 +0300
From:      Giorgos Keramidas <keramida@freebsd.org>
To:        Yann Golanski <yann@kierun.org>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Exim as an alternative MTA in FreeBSD [was: Re: Mail client preferred?]

--M9NhX3UHpAaciwkO

On 2002-10-10 12:11, Yann Golanski <yann@kierun.org> wrote:
> Quoth Cliff Sarginson on Thu, Oct 10, 2002 at 13:10:07 +0200
> > My mail combination is MTA = Postfix, MDA = procmail, MUA = Mutt, Spam
> > catcher = Spamassassin. It works well except I hate procmail beyone
> > rationality, but the setup works well.
>
> Have a look at Exim (www.exim.org) as it has a very good filter
> capability -- similar to procmail, but far more powerfull and cleanly
> written. You'll have to replace postfix as Exim is an MTA but that is
> worth doing IMNSHO.

I was this ->.<- close to installing Exim today, to play around a
little.  Sheldon has been doing a great job with the Exim ports, as I
can see from the logs, and I will definitely give Exim a shot during
the weekend.

If anyone has useful pointers that they would like to send to me, I'd
be much obliged.  My intention is to try installing Exim to replace
Sendmail on my workstation at home, and keep notes.  Then, at the end
of it all, I'll sit down and write a little addition to the Handbook
about installing Exim as an alternative MTA in FreeBSD.

If anyone of you has something that they would consider a useful
addition to a set of notes for Exim, I would be much indebted if you
mailed them personally to me.

Giorgos.

--M9NhX3UHpAaciwkO

--M9NhX3UHpAaciwkO--