Date:      Thu, 29 Nov 2001 13:43:50 -0600
From:      Dave Glowacki <dglo@hyde.ssec.wisc.edu>
To:        nate@yogotech.com (Nate Williams)
Cc:        java@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: java/jdk port broken?

Nate Williams wrote:

> > > I'm betting you have a non-standard LD_LIBRARY_PATH or LD_PRELOAD set in
> > > your environment.
> > >
> > > The output of 'printenv | grep LD' would be telling.
> >
> > Nope:
> >
> >   # printenv | grep LD
> >   OLDPWD=/usr/ports/java/jre
>
> How about 'printenv | grep JAVA' or 'printenv | grep JDK'?

Ah, that helps.

  # printenv | egrep JAVA\|JDK
  JAVA_HOME=/usr/local/jdk1.2.2
  JAVA=/usr/local/jdk1.2.2
  # unsetenv JAVA_HOME
  # /usr/local/jdk1.1.8/bin/java
  Usage: java [-options] class

Still doesn't help me with my main goal of building JDBC1 drivers
for the mysql-jdbc-mm port, because 'ant' dies if JAVA_HOME isn't
set, but that's not your problem.

Thanks for the help, Nate!