Date:      Fri, 21 Oct 2005 05:19:53 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Tanya N kessler <audiocollage@sbcglobal.net>
To:        freebsd-java@freebsd.org
Subject:   Help: Install JDK 1.5 on FreeBSD 5.4 AMD64

Hello,

I've been all over the web trying to find help on installing JDK15 on a FreeBSD 5.4 AMD64 machine.  This is my last stop before I give up.

   Fresh install of FreeBSD w/ports updated.
   LINUX_COMPAT enabled in kernel with linprocfs set in fstab.
   Dowloaded all source, binary, and patches into /usr/ports/distfiles

I need to know the exact steps to take.  When I go /usr/ports/java/jdk15 and type "make" this is what I get:

fi
execv(): Bad address
Error trying to exec /usr/local/linux-sun-jdk1.4.2/bin/javac.
Check if file exists and permissions are set correctly.
gmake[3]: *** [.compile.classlist] Error 1
gmake[3]: Leaving directory `/usr/ports/java/jdk15/work/j2se/make/java/java'
gmake[2]: *** [all] Error 1
gmake[2]: Leaving directory `/usr/ports/java/jdk15/work/j2se/make/java'
gmake[1]: *** [all] Error 1
gmake[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/ports/java/jdk15/work/j2se/make'
gmake: *** [j2se-build] Error 2
*** Error code 2

I was told by someone that I need to install linux-sun-jdk14, so I went to do that.  It said it was already installed.  I've been searching on the web and everyone says this error is cause csh can not support such a long javac command.  Someone told me that I need the linux-java-bootstrap, but I don't know what that is.  I also tried to build JDK14 and got the same error above.  Can someone please tell me the exact steps to take when installing Native JDK15 on a fresh install of FreeBSD 5.4 AMD64.

Please help a fellow BSD'er in distress,

Tom