Date:      Fri, 19 Jun 1998 22:24:59 -0500
From:      Loren Thiel <thiel@genevaonline.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Dumb /stand/sysinstall

OK,
I began installing the custom distribution for the kernel source through
sysinstall.  After I saw it was 19 disks...I cancelled, and decided to
download later.  I ended up downloading those files from windows...and
saved them in my msdos partition where I installed FreeBSD 2.2.6. in the
/src directory.
Now when I go back into sysinstall...I go through the same install
procedure as before however, this time when I tell it to commit data to the
disk....(where it started downloading last time) it just goes to the screen
where it asks me if I want to do any last minute configuration before
exiting.  But it installs nothing.  I did point the install to my msdos
partition.
Do I have to delete something it did on my previous install...so it won't
think its installed already?  The link /sys does exist now...when it didn't
before.  But there is hardly anything there.
Help...please...
Please reply also to thiel@genevaonline.com :)

Thanks,

Loren Thiel
thiel@genevaonline.com
ICQ: 1117658

Give your computer something to do when it would normally just be sitting
idle....
Join the worlds fastest computer:  www.distributed.net/rc5