Date:      Fri, 07 Apr 2000 16:02:39 GMT
From:      "spider 90" <spider90@hotmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   cdroms

     First I want to thank everyone for there informative comments on my
partition question I had the other day. I decided to go with a shareware
program called MasterBooter. It seems to have shrunk my
30gig hardrive so that I can fit freebsd and linus on 5gig each of it.
     However I ran into a new problem. This week I had to buy a new cdrom
drive because mine died. I bought a 40x ide atapi and when I try to install
freebsdn in my new partition, the cdrom device is not recognized. I had a
24x ide atapi device before and all I did was to simply repace the old cdrom
with the new one. This is getting frustrating. This digital research
technology cdrom is being recognized when I boot up the computer and windows
has no problem with it. I set the jumper on the cdrom to the setting that
the instuctions advised and again it was recognized by windows. Doesnt
freebsd recognize all ide atapi cdroms? Any help here would be
greatly appreciated:)