Date:      Thu, 26 Jul 2001 01:12:39 -0400
From:      "Deepak Jain" <deepak@ai.net>
To:        "Kris Kennaway" <kris@obsecurity.org>
Cc:        "FreeBSD-Questions" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: telnetd update?

Thanks, I did read the advisory.

On the machines I am involved with the patch worked beautifully, no
questions asked.

A customer decided to download the lib and libexec trees from -current,
installed them over their 4.3 sources, in the correct place, and did make
clean; make depend; make install on telnetd there.

I know the patch had 14 modifications, I thought someone would be friendly
enough to let me know if the above approach was fatally flawed.

Deepak Jain