Date:      Tue, 8 Aug 1995 11:09:09 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Chuck Robey <chuckr@Glue.umd.edu>
To:        Olof Samuelsson TM/SA 83063 6546 <xkkolsa@aom.ericsson.se>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Xemacs 19.12 on 2.05-RELEASE

On Tue, 8 Aug 1995, Olof Samuelsson TM/SA 83063 6546 wrote:

> I'd like to run Xemacs 19.12 on 2.05, but there is no package for it
> (only 19.11).  There is a current-package for 19.12, but will that
> run?
> Is the BSDI precompiled version on ftp.cs.uiuc.edu likely to work?  Or
> is the 1.1.5 version more likely?  Does all 1.1.5 binaries work with
> the compat1x distribution?
>
> Is grabbing the source and compiling it myself really the simplest
> option?
>
> /Olof
> --

You have to grab the sources (check the Makefile), but then it compiles
without a whimper, and seems to run fine.  I almost never use emacs,
because I've been too lazy to learn all the keystrokes, but this on is so
well instrumented with menus, a lot of the pain is taken away.  Very
nice, and access to many of the other emacs utilities is menuized too.

9120 Edmonston Ct #302      |
Greenbelt, MD 20770         | I run Journey2 (Freebsd 2.0R) and n3lxx
(301) 220-2114              | (FreeBSD 2.0.5-snap) and am I happy!