Date:      Sun, 11 Feb 2001 19:13:27 -0500 (EST)
From:      jim@freeze.org
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Mysterious user

I have a mysterious login in my computer. The user cfreeze is shown to be
logged in, but I know they are not. I have taken the system down to the
console level and only I (jfreeze) was logged in. But users still showed
that cfreeze was there. There is no process owned by cfreeze, so I am not
sure how they can be logged in. Below is the output of 'w'.

Can someone explain to me what is going on here and how to get rid of this
mysterious login.

Thanks

 jfreeze@eeyore1 -> w
 6:20PM  up 42 days, 11:41, 3 users, load averages: 0.20, 0.12, 0.05
USER             TTY      FROM              LOGIN@  IDLE WHAT
jfreeze          v0       -                 6:16PM     3 xinit
/home/jfreeze/.xinitrc --
jfreeze          p1       -                Sat03PM     - ssh
www.freeze.org -l jim (ssh1)
cfreeze          p7       -                Sat03PM  2:42 -