Date:      Mon, 31 Jan 2000 20:57:00 +0100 (CET)
From:      Arjan.deVet@adv.iae.nl (Arjan de Vet)
To:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: IP-Filter w/FreeBSD-current

In article <200001311623.IAA01532@cwsys.cwsent.com> you write:

>With the impending release of FreeBSD-4.0, is anyone on this list using
>IP-Filter on FreeBSD-current?  I'm planning to install -current

Yep, I'm using it as a stateful packet filtering firewall for my cable
modem connection.

>w/IP-Filter on a testbed and would like to know of there are any
>gotchas or if it even runs on FreeBSD-current.

No serious problems so far.

The only thing I discovered a few days ago is that when I dialin to the
company network I have to unload and reload the filter rules to get ppp
over the tun0 device working. Before starting /usr/sbin/ppp I do a
ifconfig xl0 down to disable the cable modem interface completely.
Anybody any idea where I can start to debug this weird problem?

Arjan

--
Arjan de Vet, Eindhoven, The Netherlands              <Arjan.deVet@adv.iae.nl>