Date:      Sat, 30 Jun 2001 17:24:44 -0500
From:      Frank Pawlak <fpawlak@execpc.com>
To:        j mckitrick <jcm@FreeBSD-uk.eu.org>, freebsd-advocacy@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: BSD, .Net comments - any reponse to this reasoning?

The GPL vs BSD license issue has been debated almost to death on the
various comp.unix *. lists and other places.  For the interested do a
search on John Dyson and you will find all sorts of material.  John has
engaged in many an argument on the license issue.

As to Microsoft getting control of BSD, they would have to acquire all
versions of BSD.  As I understand it they have and do use BSD based code in
their various OS offerings.  As to their giving credit for it, I can say as
I have never seen their code.

Frank