Date:      Fri, 16 Jun 2006 17:26:20 +0400
From:      Oleg Sharoiko <os@rsu.ru>
To:        "Marc G. Fournier" <scrappy@hub.org>
Cc:        freebsd-scsi@freebsd.org, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: storcon for FreeBSD 6.x ... ?

On Mon, 2006-06-12 at 02:10 -0300, Marc G. Fournier wrote:

> Does anyone know if there is one somewhere for FreeBSD 6.x?  Intel's site
> only has a 4.1 version that I can find ...
>
> If not, what is the best method of connecting to and looking at an IIR
> controller with FreeBSD 6.x?

Archive available from inetl.com contains packages for both 4.x and 5.x.
It's possible that storcon will work with corresponding COMPAT_XX
options in kernel and misc/compatXX packages. At least you will be
surely able to start storcon. I have SRCU32 controller in 6.x but that's
AMD64 machine and storcon reports that it can not find controller. I'm
not sure if this is due to version or architecture change. I'll probably
try to contact intel regarding this case...

--
Oleg Sharoiko.
Software and Network Engineer