Date:      Fri, 21 Jul 2000 11:55:48 -0500
From:      Oscar Ricardo Silva <oscars@mail.utexas.edu>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Administration of multiple machines

Our number of FreeBSD servers are growing.  We're also getting more and
more machines running Linux.  The problem with these two items is that I'm
being asked to administer more and more of these machines.  My question
is:  what do people use to administer a number of Unix style machines?  As
much as I would like all new installs to be FreeBSD, and where this might
make the situation a little easier, that is not possible.

I would like to look at open-source tools first (translation:  there is no
money to spend on this).  One person mentioned something called cfengine,
which I'm starting to look at
<http://www.gnu.org/software/cfengine/cfengine.html>.

Any information would be appreciated.

Oscar