Date:      Tue, 04 Aug 1998 18:55:52 +0200
From:      Stefan Eggers <seggers@semyam.dinoco.de>
To:        tarkhil@asteroid.svib.ru
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG, seggers@semyam.dinoco.de
Subject:   Re: What does it mean?

> 65534     328     316   0 -22  0 17392 10076 vmpfw  D    con-  12:35.05 squid -sY
>
> what does it mean? Who/whot/how deadlocked squid? It is in D state, and
> immunet even to kill -9 :-(

It's in the middle of a page fault.  Pretty inconvenient time to get
killed ...  That's why killing doesn't work.

Were there at that time any problems reported with the swap spaces you
used?  I/O errors or other irregularities?  Anything special you did
to this process or its process group?  Does it use anything mount via
NFS?

Stefan.
--
Stefan Eggers                 Lu4 yao2 zhi1 ma3 li4,
Max-Slevogt-Str. 1            ri4 jiu3 jian4 ren2 xin1.