Date:      Mon, 30 Mar 1998 17:23:58 +1000
From:      John Saunders <john.saunders@scitec.com.au>
To:        Randall Hopper <rhh@ct.picker.com>, freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: 3rd IDE controller

Are you sure you need to #define the ports. I tried just using a hex
number in my config file. It didn't work though, but I think that
was because I was having trouble getting the jumpers right without
documentation (SB16 Basic). At least the kernel tried probing the
address I specified but failed.

P.S. Are those strange flag values documented somewhere?

Cheers.

Randall Hopper wrote:

> Wm Brian McCane:
>  |Just a quick question.  Is it possible to support a third IDE controller
>  |in -current?  I have an SB card which will run 2 IDE CD-ROM on it.  As I
>  |remember, this thing is set up to use a different address/IRQ than the
>  |primary/secondary PCI IDE controllers.
>
> With a mod, yes it works.  I'm running an old 3.0 SNAP from December, and
> had to add:
>
>              #define IO_WD3 0x1e8
>              #define IO_WD4 0x168
>
> to sys/i386/isa/isa.h.  I see my PR kern/5627 hasn't gone through yet, so
> you'll need to do the same.  After that, your kernel should build and work
> just fine using:
>
> controller wdc2   at isa? port "IO_WD3" bio irq 11 flags 0xa0ffa004 vector wdintr
> disk       wd4    at wdc2 drive 0
>
> Randall

      .   | John Saunders   mailto:John.Saunders@scitec.com.au  (Work) |
  ,--_|\  |                 mailto:john@nlc.net.au              (Home) |
 /  Oz  \ |                 http://www.nlc.net.au/~john/               |
 \_,--\_/ | SCITEC LIMITED  Phone +61 2 9428 9563  Fax +61 2 9428 9933 |
       v  |    "By the time you make ends meet, they move the ends."   |