Date:      Sun, 24 Jul 2005 13:03:04 -0700
From:      Sean McNeil <sean@mcneil.com>
To:        Kris Kennaway <kris@obsecurity.org>
Cc:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: libcrypto.so.3 problem building world with kerberos

On Jul 24, 2005, at 12:24 PM, Kris Kennaway wrote:

> On Sat, Jul 23, 2005 at 12:40:52PM -0700, Sean McNeil wrote:
>
>> I get the following error during build:
>>
>> /usr/obj/usr/src/tmp/usr/bin/ld: warning: libcrypto.so.3, needed
>> by /usr/local/lib/libldap.so, not found (try using -rpath or
>> -rpath-link)
>> /usr/obj/usr/src/tmp/usr/bin/ld: warning: libssl.so.3, needed
>> by /usr/local/lib/libldap.so, not found (try using -rpath or
>> -rpath-link)
>> /usr/local/lib/libldap.so: undefined reference to
>> `SSL_CTX_set_tmp_rsa_callback'/usr/local/lib/libldap.so: undefined
>> reference to `ssl3_send_alert'
>> looks like the version number was bumped and the build won't look
>> in /lib.  Is that what is going on?
>>

> Do you need to recompile the third party port being used by
> buildworld?

Yes, that was the solution, but the issue is why the build will not
allow for libraries in /lib?  Is it because all libraries in /lib are
suppose to be superseded by a new build?  I'm just wondering about
the reasoning that pulls in local packages (ldap.so in /usr/local/
lib) but doesn't let stuff be in /lib.

Cheers,
Sean