Date:      Fri, 19 Jun 1998 20:31:46 -0700 (PDT)
From:      albert kinderman <vcmgt00b@email.csun.edu>
To:        Brian Somers <brian@Awfulhak.org>
Cc:        freebsd questions <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: PPP: Modem Reponses not "heard"

On Fri, 19 Jun 1998, Brian Somers wrote:

> > I have noticed that often my modem reponses are not heard by ppp.  For
> > example, ppp doesn't hear BUSY when there is a busy signal, and waits to
> > timeout before aborting and starting to redial.  Also, upon connection,
> > my modem is supposed to respond CONNECT 115200.  If I put 115200 as the
> > expected response, ppp often "hears" the response CONNECT but not the
> > 115200.  If I put ONNE as the expected response, ppp often "hears"
> > 115200 as the response, but not CONNECT.
> >
> > I'm I just paranoid?  I don't have this problem with other operating
> > systems, so I believe the modem is actually responding properly with the
> > CONNECT 115200.
>
> Do you see the full messages when you ``set log +chat'' ?

Brian:

I have chat set for logging.  When I look at the log or watch on the
screen, I sometimes see  "received: 115200" and sometimes "received:
CONNECT".  At other times the received is just a portion like NNECT
115200 and sometimes it is the whole thing.

--
Albert Kinderman                       albert.kinderman@email.csun.edu
Management Science             California State University, Northridge